DISCLAIMER:  Earth:  Final Conflict and all of Earth:  Final characters in this story are property of Tribune Entertainment.  No infringement of rights is intended.

AUTHOR’S NOTE: Though Sandoval’s execution is “In Memory” was only part if a simulation, it makes a person wonder, if this had happened for real, what would he have been thinking?

RATING:  PG

 

FOR MY SINS

By Roguemoon

 

“There’s not a soul that’s lost...”

Expose—As Long as I Can Dream

 

 *They don’t understand, * he thought to himself as they walked him down the hall.  * All they feel is hate for me—not that I can blame them, not after the things that I did to humanity.  But, that doesn't matter.  It is not them, nor the clergy, nor the press that I want to talk to.  They are not the ones I hurt... *

Ronald Sandoval rolled his eyes up at the guards but didn’t raise his head.  He didn't want to make them think he was going to try to escape.  They would shoot him on sight if he did, and that would ruin any chance he had of finding peace at all before he died.  Anyway, he wasn't going to try to escape.  He was going to face what he had coming to him—even if none if it was his fault.

A guard opened the door ahead of them.  When he saw the room where he would die, Ronald froze for a moment—overwhelmed by the fear he had been denying ever since his appeal had been turned down for the last time.  The guards glared at him and pushed him forward. 

*  And this surprises me why?  Why should they pity me in anyway even though the fear I am feeling must be showing by now?  Fear can only be hidden so long... *

He stumbled, but didn’t fall as they lead him into the cylinder in the middle of the room.  * You look at me with so much hatred.  I know I have earned it, * he thought, * but if you let yourselves realize how scared I must be right now would any of that change?  No, probably not.  I am a nobody...a piece of trash that you would rather be rid of than have to look at.  Well you will get you wish soon.  Not that any of it is fair...but fairness is nothing.  That is something I learned very quickly.  *

Ronald tuned his head toward the door as the last guard left.  Now was the time.  Now the public would hear his last confession.  Let them take it as they would.  It was they he had hurt and it was they he wanted to know the truth...the truth that was in his soul.

“I never wanted to kill those people!”  He yelled with all the strength he had left in his body.  “Blame the Taelons, not me!  It was my CVI!”

* And that is it... * he gasped as a suddenly wave of pain washed over him.

* Oh God...I never wanted this...never wanted to hurt anyone.  * His eyes fell shut as every thing went dull and hazy.  *  Boone...Lili...DeeDee...  I’m sorry...  I’m so... *

THE END

 

Send any comments etc. to Roguemoon at roguemoon4@yahoo.com