DISCLAIMER:  Earth:  Final Conflict and all of Earth:  Final characters in this story are property of Tribune Entertainment.  No infringement of rights is intended.

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE: A tribute to William Boone…

 

RATING:  PG

 

 

DID YOU KNOW?

By Roguemoon

 

            A letter found lying on top of a pile of unfinished paper work:

 

Did you know?  Every day I mourned with you.  I watched you as you cried.  Your wife was taken from you too soon.  You had so many plans you wished to fulfill.  Children.  A home.  You could have forgotten it all and been happy.  If only they had forgotten you….

Did you know?  Every day I lied with you.  You were keeping a secret.  You weren’t as the others were.  You remained human.  Your compassion knew no bounds.  Your soul stayed hopeful, though it had no right to.  You loved, even as they cursed you for that love….

Did you know?  Every day I worked with you.  You tried to make things work.  Living two lives torn you apart.  You knew each side had its points, its right stances, yet those who you talked to would not listen.  You tried to negotiate, but they turned away…

Did you know?  Every day I felt your fear.  You were walking a line and you knew it.  One mistake either way and you would not live to see the others you cared about hurt because of it.  And that was your problem.  You cared so much about both sides.  You shared your soul, and they used you…

Did you know?  Every day I felt your loneliness.  You were in a unique position.  People all around you, yet none of them really understood.  You did what you did for your own reasons.  Forget rules and regulations.  It was your heart that led the way.  You gave your opinion, and they ignored it….

Did you know?  Every day I heard your wishes.  You prayed that others would be able to understand.  That they would be able to pull together in that understanding and make things right.  You told them the right path to follow, but they chose to close their ears to your words….

Did you know?  Every day when you thought you could not go on, I was there to give you support.  You had a special destiny.  Even when you thought all you did was for nothing, it made more of an impact than you would know.  It set the stage, even if you refused to believe it….

Did you know?  On that day, I was there.  When your life was taken from you, I reached out and brought you home.  I helped you see.  Though it may have looked like your life was stolen from you, it was your time.  Your battle was over.  It was time for you to stop working for another’s dream and start living your own…

 

THE END

 

Send and comments etc to Roguemoon at roguemoon4@yahoo.com