Copyright ©1999, Sailor Kimera. All rights reserved. No part of this story may be re-posted in part or in full without written permission from me.
Disclaimer: Gene Roddenberry's Earth: Final Conflict is copyright 1998, Tribune Entertainment Co. It's characters are used without permission, no infringement is intended.

Title: Impossible Love? Part III
Author: Sailor Kimera
JoaoPR340@isla.net
Rating: PG

Impossible Love? Part III

        In the several hours that had passed since Boone’s meeting with Lili in the park, Boone had gone to Liam's apartment to wait for news about the missing Major. As he paced around Liam's apartment above the Flat Planet, he noticed a Taelon puzzle sitting on the windowsill.
        "This must be the puzzle Lili told me about" he thought as he carefully held it in his hands.
        After a moment, he placed the puzzle back on the sill and stared at the chair where he and Liam had made love. His eyes got teary as he sat down on it. Memories of that night and of Liam-his eyes, his smile, his eagerness, popped into his head. Thinking of him made Boone smile a little, but it didn't last long as worry about what might have happened to him crowded back into his mind. Boone was startled out of looking at the ceiling aimlessly, when his global chirped.
        "Boone here," he stated.
        "Will, Liam's been found. Dr. Belman checked him out and he's in good shape with nothing broken. She ordered a couple of weeks of leave from work. He should be on his way back to his apartment now. He stubbornly insisted on getting home by himself." Lili said. "Are you still in his apartment?" she asked already knowing the answer.
        The look of worry on Boone’s face was now replaced with a look of relief. "Yeah, I'm here. I'm going to wait for him to come home. I want to let him know how much he means to me. How much I love him," Boone replied.
        Lili smiled. "I know. He left a little while ago so he should be there any minute. I hope you can work it out."
        "Thanks Lili. Bye."
        Boone closed the Global and sat back in the chair. His thoughts of Liam were starting to resume when he heard someone enter the apartment. He got of the chair and looked over the railing. Liam was slowly coming up the steps. Boone stepped back and waited by the window until Liam finally made it up. When Liam finally entered the room, Boone stared directly at him for a minute or two feeling very relived to see that he was okay. For a moment, Liam looked at Boone in the same fashion feeling happy to see him, but anger soon took over.
        "What the hell are you doing here?!" Liam asked threateningly
        "Liam, I have something to say to you." Boone said softly
        "I think you said enough that night. I don't want to hear anymore. Now get the hell out!"
        "I'm not leaving until I talk to you, Liam."
        "You're leaving now!" Liam said as he pulled out his gun and pointed it at Boone. "Now go!"
        "Forget it Liam. Gun or no gun, I'm not leaving until I talk to you. If you really want to get rid of me, then shoot."
        "Fine." Liam sighed after a minute of tense silence and put his gun on a table. "Talk."
        "Liam, do you remember that night we met?" Boone asked
        "Vaguely" He answered, trying not to let the intense feelings he remembered from that night cloud his feelings now.
        "From the first time I saw you, I felt this strong connection to you that I couldn't explain. I’ve never felt anything like it before in all my life." Boone said softly and then continued, "I left my tags on the floor on purpose so you'd find them and at least ask about me."
        "Boone that is such bull and you know it. You didn't feel anything, you just wanted a good time and the stupid tag thing... Give me a break! Do you really think I'm that gullible?"
        "Liam, I'm telling you the truth. Please believe me." Boone eyed watered at the cold stare Liam gave him.
        "Just get on with it," Liam responded.
        "When I said those things to Lili about you in that warehouse, I didn't know you were listening. I never meant to hurt you. I said it, because I didn't want Lili to know how I felt about you and how special that night had been to me. I didn't think I could confide in her, so I lied. I felt so horrible while I was saying it. I didn't mean a word of it Liam, but I didn't think I had a choice. I wanted Lili off my case. I'm so sorry. And when I saw that you were there, I felt as if my heart had stopped. Liam you mean so much to me, I...I can't really put it into words. Liam, I love you."
        Liam's angry face softened when he heard the words, "I love you" and he stared at Boone for a minute before he finally spoke. "Boone, join with me. That way I'll know you're telling the truth."
        Boone agreed and Liam told him what to do. They joined hands and Liam's shakarava glow engulfed both their hands in a ball of blue-ish light as streams of red and yellow light surrounded them. This went on for what seemed like forever and then it ended almost the same way it began. The streams of light returned to the ball and the ball slowly shrank and disappeared as Liam's shakarava stopped glowing. Their hands separated and Liam looked at Boone with teary eyes.
        "Will, I'm so sorry I didn't believe you," Liam stuttered. " I..." Boone cut him of with a small kiss on his lips. Liam looked into Boone's eyes and smiled.
        "I love you." Liam whispered.
       Boone then gave Liam a deep, passionate kiss that seamed to last forever. Neither wanted to let go, but eventually they needed to catch their breaths. Liam kissed Boone's neck and then a night of love making followed. During the middle of it, Lili stopped by to see how it had gone. As she neared Liam's door she heard the obvious sounds of make-up sex. She stopped for a moment, smiled, and then went on her way.

The End?