Copyright ©1999, Sailor Kimera. All rights reserved.  No part of this story may be re-posted in part or in full without written permission from me.
Disclaimer: Gene Roddenberry's Earth: Final Conflict is copyright 1998, Tribune Entertainment Co. It's characters are used without
permission, no infringement is intended.

Title: Impossible Love? Part II
Author: Sailor Kimera
JoaoPR340@isla.net
Rating: PG

Authors note: Thanks again Dani. <<Hugs>> I love you.

Impossible Love?
Part II   
   

        During the week after the incident at the warehouse, Liam had walked around with a sad look on his face. He ignored anyone who asked what was wrong. Lili, who knew the reason, was trying to help, but received the same reaction everyone else did. She decided that the next time she saw him, she was not going to take no for an answer. After several tries, she was finally able to corner him on his way to the Embassy. He tried to dismiss her by saying nothing was wrong, but Lili knew better and kept pressing.
        "Fine. I give up. I'll tell you why I'm so moody."
        "Liam, I..." Lili started, but Liam cut her off.
        "I have strong feelings for him, Lili. Don't ask me to explain it because I can't!" Liam exclaimed.
        "Liam, you've only met him twice. So you slept with him, don't confuse that with something else." Lili told him.
        "I'm not confusing anything, Lili.  I really do feel that way."
        "Liam, I know what it's like to have a crush on someone, but..."
        "You're not listening to me. I think I love him."
Lili's eyes opened wide in surprise. She'd though, no hoped, that it was no more than a crush. The look on his face told her that it was a whole lot more "Liam, I had no idea..."
"Now you know. Obviously Will doesn't feel the same way about me, or he wouldn't have said the things he did." Liam sighed and looked down at the floor as tears entered his eyes.
            Lili sighed, "I'm so sorry, Liam." She put her hand on his arm as he started to walk away.
        "It's okay. I'll be okay. Thanks for listening to me." Liam said with his voice cracking. "Bye." he added softly as he whipped away a tear and walked off.

         After Liam had walked out of earshot, Lili took out her Global and called Boone. She asked him to meet her at the park and the hung up. When she got to the park, she quickly spotted him and called him over to a nearby bench.
        "Hi Lili. What did you want to talk about?" Will asked her.
        "About the person that gave you that shiner." Lili answered.
Boone touched his eye and chuckled. Suddenly, for a moment, he had the same sad expression on his face that Liam had had earlier, but he quickly recovered.
Lili didn't miss the look and asked, "Will, is there something you aren't telling me?"
        "I don't know if I should..." was Boone's wary reply.
        "Will you know you can trust me, why won't you tell me?"
        "I think I'm in love with Liam." he stated.
        "What?!" was her reply.
         Boone nodded and continued, "I'm Gay, Lili. Always have been".
        "But that's impossible you were married.   You and Kate were happy." Lili said.
        "I was married, but I wasn't happy. I married Kate to hide the truth. You know how gays are treated in the police force.  I loved my job and I didn't want to be forced out of it.  So, I married her.  I did love her, but I was never in love with her. I had a couple of relationships in college, but that was pretty much it. Nobody knows. But why are you so surprised? I mean you already know I slept with Liam."
        "I just thought you were Bi." she simply said. "Anyway back to Liam, if you say you those feelings for him, why did you say those things about what happened between you? Do you have any idea how much you've hurt him?
        "I would have never said that if I had known he was around. I said it, because I didn't want to tell you what I felt. I never wanted to hurt him. I...love him."
        Lili smiled a bit, albeit uneasily because she was worried that Boone might hurt Liam again. "Then go to him. Wait for him in his apartment like you did last time."
       Boone nodded and was about to leave when Lili's Global chirped. Boone stopped walking and his face lost all color when he heard what Agent Sandoval had called to tell Lili.  A shuttle had crashed and the pilot, who was missing, was Liam.

To be continued..