Copyright ©1999, Sailor Kimera. All rights reserved. No part of this story may be re-posted in part or in full without written permission from me.
Disclaimer: Gene Roddenberry's Earth: Final Conflict is copyright 1998, Tribune Entertainment Co. It's characters are used without permission, no infringement is intended.
Title: Choices of the Heart, Part I
Author: Sailor Kimera
JoaoPR340@isla.net
Rating: PG

Authors note: Hello again. Okay this story takes place about 2 months after the last part of "Impossible Love?". I want to thank Dani, a.k.a. Rougemoon, for her help on getting my writer's block unblocked and for editing it for me. I love you Dani!!! Now on with the story. Oh and I want comments. Lots of 'em  :-)

************************************************************************

Choices of the Heart, Part I

     Liam woke up with a start. It was the dream again, it always was. He shut his eyes a moment and tried to clear his head. He wished Boone was there, but he was away on
Resistance business. Liam stumbled into the bathroom and then splashed his face with water, hoping that would help him to forget the dream... no... nightmare. It was the same one he had been having for the past five days. After a minute, he walked back to the bed with a somewhat clearer head and fell back asleep. Unfortunately, the dream came again.

*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*
    

     Liam was on a distant planet watching people going about their daily business. He immediately recognized it as the Kimera homeworld before the Taelons had destroyed it. He became fascinated by all he saw and ignored some of the curious looks he was getting from the crowd. He was so fascinated by it all, that he didn't notice someone coming up behind him, until the person put his hand on Liam's shoulder and called his name. As he tuned around, a look of surprise covered his face.
        "Father?" he asked looking at the shining form of Ha'gel.
        "Do not call me that. You are no longer my son," he stated without a hint of emotion in his voice. "You are nothing, but a disappointment."
        For a moment, Liam looked as if he had been stabbed in the heart, then he laughed. Ha'gel had to be joking. He looked at his father and suddenly stopped laughing. Ha'gel looked dead serious. "Why do you say that? What have I done to make you say that?" Liam inquired in a pain-filled voice.
        "How dare you ask me that?!" Ha'gel's voice boomed as the background scenery faded to black. "You know exactly what."
        Liam looked directly into his eyes. "I really don't know, Father. What have I done?"
        "You are no fool, do not talk to me as if I am one. You are endangering the existence of the Kimera race by sleeping with that man instead of finding a wife and having children."
        "But..." Liam stammered.
        "And to make things worse," Ha'gel interrupted, "The man is my murderer. No, you are no longer my son."
        Liam shuddered. He was felt like he was being torn in two. One part of him understood what his father was saying, but the greater part of him knew there was no way he could ever just 'find a wife'. He loved Boone far too much. "I'm sorry, Father, but I'm not going to leave the greatest thing in my life, because you want to be a grandpa. I know it's not what you want, but I'm gonna follow my heart. I don't care about having children and continuing the Kimera race right now. And I'm sorry that Boone was the one that killed you, but it was an accident. You panicked when those policemen came in and fired at you. He panicked just like you did. It was an accident. You weren't supposed to die, but Fate had other plans. I'm sorry." he finished with a pleading face.
        Ha'gel's face angered more, "If you continue on this course of action, you will regret it."
        Liam sighed, "I don't care."
        "Then congratulations on murdering the Kimera race."
        "Father?!" Liam asked as Ha'gel began to fade.
        "I have no son"

*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*[]*

     Liam woke up, breathing heavily, with those last four words echoing in his mind. This had to be more than just an ordinary dream. He had to talk to somebody about it. Boone would have been an obvious choice, but he wasn't there. Maybe Lili or Augur... He yawned and decided to choose tomorrow. Liam gave the dog tags around his throat a squeeze and then went back to sleep, hoping to have no more dreams that night.

To be continued...