Copyright ©1999, Lyta All rights reserved.  No part of this story may be re-posted in part or in full without written permission from me(That includes mailing lists).
Disclaimer: Gene Roddenberry's Earth: Final Conflict is copyright 1998, Tribune Entertainment Co.
Rating: PG.
Title: EFC Timeline Part 1
Author: Lyta

Authors Notes: I really have no clue when some of this stuff actually happens or the exact sequence, but I tried to at least put events in their appropriate sequences. I've also put in some additional historical dates to give a feel for what is going on. This is as current as I can get to "Bliss," with one small "Hijacked" reference gleaned from spoilers thrown in, so enjoy!
For the purposes of this timeline 1 AC After Companions) = 2008 AD
~ means about
* means I don't know the date, but can approximate the timeframe
BT: Before Taelons
BCE: Before the Common Era
CE: Common era, same as AD


EFC Timeline
Part 1: From the Atavistic State to the Birth of William Boone

Prior to ~10,000,000 BT: The ancient Jaridian/Taelon race exists in an atavistic state (Atavus)

~10,000,000 BT: The Jaridian/Taelon race encounters the Kimera, who merge them to save the race from extinction. From this joining the Jaridian/Taelons inherit the shakarava and split into factions over it. (The Joining, A Stitch in Time, Gauntlet)

*The Taelons and the Jaridians split into two distinct groups, that eventually become two separate races. One eventually leaves their homeworld to establish another on the other side of the galaxy (The Scarecrow Returns, Between Heaven and Hell)

*The Taelons somehow form the Commonality to repress the shakarava while the Jaridians seek to understand it and fear the Commonality (Atavus, A Stitch in Time, Gauntlet)

*For unknown reasons the Taelons annihilate the Kimera and Ha'gel is placed in a pod that eventually ends up on Earth. This happens after the formation of the Commonality (The Joining, A Stitch in Time)

*The Taelons discover that they are losing their ability to reproduce while the Jaridians multiply. Whether this occurs before or after the destruction of the Kimera is unknown as is if the sterility of the Taelons is linked to their lack of gender whereas the Jaridians have two sexes. (Between Heaven and Hell, Gauntlet)

*War erupts between the Jaridians and the Taelons. Again whether this took place before or after the Kimeran genocide is not currently known as are the exact origins of the conflict (First of Its Kind, Gauntlet)

*The Taelons encounter numerous other sentient races, including the race the skrills are from. They bioengineer and destroy many of these races in an effort to both defeat the Jaridians and reproduce (Scorpion's Dream, First of its Kind, Between Heaven and Hell, Gauntlet)

~1,000,000 BT: The Jaridians launch the mechanism that created the Metal Scarecrow probe (Floats Like A Butterfly, The Scarecrow Returns, Destruction, First of its Kind, Hijacked)

*Ma'el arrives on Earth

1235 BCE: Date estimated by historians as the start of the Trojan War

1223 BCE: Possible date for the encounter between Ulysses, his crew and the Lotus-Eaters. By this time Ma'el is on Earth (Bliss)

1123 BCE: Ma'el discovers a cure for Bliss (Bliss)

~1020 BCE: Hebrew Kingdom formed

~1000 BCE: The Upanishads

~3,000 BT: Strandhill Stone circle is constructed (The Secret of Strandhill)

753 BCE: Legendary founding of Rome by Romulus

~563 BCE: Buddha is born

~500 BCE: Homer writes the epics of The Odyssey and The Illiad

~483 BCE: Buddha dies

~1 CE: Birthdate of Jesus (Some scholars say Jesus was born in 4 CE, others that he was born in 7 BCE. 1 CE is something of a compromise date and is traditionally excepted by most people.)

~2000 BT: Ma'el dies and is buried in Strandhill, Ireland (The Secret of Strandhill)

~33 CE: Jesus is crucified

~70 CE: The Gospels are written

~100 CE: The Chinese invent paper

476 CE: Romulus, the last Roman Emperor in Rome looses his throne. Traditional date for the end of the Roman Empire.

570 CE: Muhammad is born

632 CE: Muhammad dies

1517 CE, October 31: Martin Luther's 95 theses

1861-1865 CE: The American Civil War

1915 CE, April 24: The Armenian genocide begins in Turkey

1917 CE: The last Czar of Russia and his family are murdered

1918 CE, November 11: The Treaty of Versailles officially ends World War I

1940 CE: Concentration camps are established for the Final Solution

1941 CE, December 7: The attack on Pearl Harbor

1943 CE, January 18: A small contingent of Jews attack the Nazis while they begin to deport people to concentration camps from the Warsaw Ghetto. Polish partisans aid in arming the Jews.

1948 CE: The Nuremberg trials, Israel is voted into legitimate existence as a government by the United Nations

~1974 CE: William Patrick Boone is born

Note: On historical events, I am a history major. I put all the genocide references in because I don't think we should EVER forget. Also for those who don't know, and sadly many do not, it makes some of what is said by Doors in "Redemption" more understandable. Apologies if I have offended anyone by omission, this timeline is to clarify EFC, and the other references give a greater sense of how things have played in both EFC and reality.
Comments? Suggestions?
I do plan to do a part two:
The Khmer Rouge (1975) to 1 AC sometime soon