Copyright ©1999, Lyta All rights reserved.  No part of this story may be re-posted in part or in full without written permission from me(That includes mailing lists).
Disclaimer: Gene Roddenberry's Earth: Final Conflict is copyright 1998, Tribune Entertainment Co.
Rating: PG.
Title: Moments of Revelation
Author: Lyta

Moments of Revelation


        Siobhan Beckett was grateful that she would not die alone. She lay in Liam Kincaid's arms, once again pondering the unusual connection she felt to this man she barely knew. Tears slipped down her cheeks as she remembered telling her mother about the grandchildren she would give her. The children Siobhan would never have now. The thought made her life feel so horribly empty and meaningless.
        "I'm not crying for myself." She said quickly, wanting him to understand. Somehow she knew Liam would. "I'm crying for the child I'll never have."
        Her CVI, malfunctioning though it was, brought up images of her maternal grandfather. He was a kind man with a bright, quick smile and green eyes that would light up like sunlight through stain glass windows when he laughed. He had lived to see her graduate, the pride he felt in her evident in very word he spoke. His name was Liam and she had always hoped to have a son to give his name to.
        She tried to blink away her tears noticing the strange, thoughtful expression on the Major's face. She was about to ask him what he was doing when he pressed his palm to hers, but everything changed.
        She remembered all of it: Ha'gel, the joining, coming to in the Resistance hideout with the knowledge she was pregnant, the birth and singing to a tiny boy with her grandfather's green eyes and name. Suddenly Siobhan made the connection between that little boy and the man with her. She turned her head toward him in wonder as she felt his confirmation of their true connection.
        "I understand now," Siobhan said thinking of their conversation in the shuttle. They were both crying now. "We didn't have our time together here on Earth but you were brought to me when I needed you the most. If you ever lose your way my son, look to the heavens and I'll be shinning a star for you."
        He was rocking her gently and Siobhan Beckett felt a great peace come over her and she saw no more. A moment later, her son closed her sightless eyes and held her still warm body close to him. At that point he did not care what Sandoval, who was standing on the ledge above with a stunned expression, thought.

Fin