Copyright 1999,  Lyta. All rights reserved. No part of this story may be re-posted in part or in full without written permission from the author.
Disclaimer: Gene Roddenberry's Earth: Final Conflict is Copyright 1998, Tribune Entertainment Co., its characters are used without permission. No infringement is intended.
Rating: PG
Title: An Unexpected Occurrence: Part Five
Author: Lyta
Lyta_1028@yahoo.com

Summary: A new life begins.

Author's Note: A special thanks to Sailor Kimera for the name Jason.

"An Unexpected Occurrence"
Part Five
   

    Both he and Zo'or fell back when the energies of the joining dispensed. Liam's head was spinning from the intensity of the experience, yet he forced his eyes opened and cocked his head questionably at Zo'or. He was about to ask about the Taelon's health when his new consort saved him the trouble.
    "I am well, as is the child."
    Liam nodded, then heard the distinct sound of a shuttle flying overheard. He sat up too fast and felt a sharp pain behind his eyes that caused him to groan before he was forced to move slower. Then he helped Zo'or up and they watched the shuttle arrive together.

    It had been a week since Liam and Zo'or had been rescued, and Lili Marquette thought she had time for the shock of their new relationship to wear off.
    It hadn't.
    At least, Lili thought, Liam has been a good influence on Zo'or. The Synod leader was not as willing to conduct some of the more grisly genetic experiments, but still had no qualms about the CVI or Volunteer implants. Then again, considering who she was thinking about, even that was a major step in the right direction.
    By far the most stunned individual was Da'an. The Taelon clearly believed that Zo'or had pushed Liam into the joining.  After all, Zo'or was over a thousand years old, and Liam not even one.
    Augur, likewise had been caught completely off guard by the news.
    "If you wanted a girlfriend, I could have introduced you to some great women." The Cyber wizard told his friend.
    "Da'an isn't all that thrilled about this either." Lili added.
    "Maybe Da'an is just not happy about an unexpected grandchild." Liam suggested.
    "Yes, I know Da'an considers you…" Augur began.
    "Its not about what Da'an considers," Liam cut in. "Its actual family ties. Zo'or is Da'an's offspring."
    That got everyone's attention.
    "And I thought my family was distant." Lili commented.
    "So, ah, when is the new arrival arriving?" Augur asked.
    Liam blushed. "Within three days."

     Three days later Zo'or found himself staring at a tiny bundle wrapped in a soft white blanket. The child was male, but the Taelon had known that since the joining with Liam. He had his paternal grandmother's red hair, his Taelon grandparent's eyes, and Sandoval's nose. Tiny hands bearing the faint red mark of the shaquarava tried unsuccessfully to push  the blanket away.  When Zo'or finally aided his child and pulled back the blanket and parent and child's eyes met for the first time, to the amusement of both Liam and Da'an, they blushed blue simultaneously.
    "What have you decided what you will name my grandchild?" Da'an asked curiously.
    "For reasons of his safety we will keep the child's Taelon and Kimeran heritage from the humans." Zo'or explained. "My consort and I have decided upon the name Jason Ror'ie Beckett for him. He will only be addressed as Ror'ie, his Taelon name, here on the Mothership."
    "A wise decision." Da'an nodded in approval, then appeared confused. "Beckett?"
    "Kincaid is just an alias." Liam explained. "Beckett is my real last name." 
     "Ah."   
      Just then Jason sniffled and was once again the center of attention in his family.

The End