Copyright ©1999, Lyta All rights reserved.  No part of this story may be re-posted in part or in full without written permission from me(That includes mailing lists).
Disclaimer: Gene Roddenberry's Earth: Final Conflict is copyright 1998, Tribune Entertainment Co.
Rating: PG.
Title: First Date
Author: Lyta
Authors Notes: This is a piece without any angst for anyone, just harmless and cute fluff.

First Date

        Liam Kincaid was very nervous. He had never been on a date before, but when Abby Franklin asked him to dinner, he felt strange and was surprised when he accepted. Now he found himself sitting across from her at a fancy restaurant.
        Lili and Augur had fussed over him when he told them of the evenings plans. Augur was amused, Lili baffled by why he wanted to go out with Abby. Eventually she put it down to a lack of discerning taste due to extreme youth.
        Augur told him to bring flowers for Abby, pink roses. Red roses, Liam was informed are for Valentine's Day and more serious relationships. The do's and don'ts of dating made his head spin. At least Abby had liked the flowers.
        After the meal they went dancing. They were both horrible, but had fun. They even tried karoke and wound up laughing until their sides hurt. Then Liam escorted Abby home. When they got to her door, she kissed him.
        On the mothership it had been a brief contact, this time it was anything but, though to Liam and Abby it seemed seconds.
        "See you later," Abby said with a smile. She had to stop kissing him then and there or the temptation to find out how well he could make breakfast would be too strong.
        "Later," Liam repeated and walked back to his car a bit starry eyed.

Fin