Copyright ©1999, Lyta All rights reserved.  No part of this story may be re-posted in part or in full without written permission from me(That includes mailing lists).
Disclaimer: Gene Roddenberry's Earth: Final Conflict is copyright 1998, Tribune Entertainment Co.
Rating: PG.
Title: The Bond Between Us
Author: Lyta


The Bond Between Us

        Siobhan Beckett was dreaming. In her dream she was lying in bed, there was a newborn baby wrapped in a blue blanket cradled in her arms. She looked down at the child as a feeling of overpowering wonder and love filled her. The infant became a young boy, and she sang him to sleep, noticing with a start that his eyes reminded her of both Major Liam Kincaid and her mother.
Suddenly the image changed to the conversation between her and the major in the shuttle.
        "What would you say to your mother if you could talk to her?" She asked, wondering why she felt so strangely connected to this man.
        "I love you."
        Her heart skipped a beat. A part of her she could not reach hugged his words close and cherished them. "Even after she left you?" Beckett wondered aloud.
        Liam's eyes were earnest with suppressed emotion. This was obviously something he felt very passionate about. "I know it doesn't make any sense, but there's a bond between us. It cuts across everything else."
        Siobhan was started out of bed by the persistent tone of her alarm. Still somewhat sleep dazed she turned it off and walked to the bathroom. Ever since she had awakened in that alley after the fight with Ha'gel her body ached.
        No, Beckett corrected herself, it was not her body but her soul. She felt as though something had been ripped away from her. A part of her that who ever had stolen it had no right to take. She caught a glimpse of her reflection in the mirror and saw that she was crying.
Liam Kincaid had been startled out of a dream by a feeling of terrible sadness not his own. A memory perhaps? He was still learning to live in perpetual deja vu.
        No, Liam decided, this was from his mother. He meant what he said that there was a connection between them. He could feel her presence inside him. Liam succumbed to the temptation to let her memory comfort him and recalled the stolen moment when she had sang him to sleep. He quickly drifted back into peaceful slumber.

Fin